The objective of the society is to disseminate knowledge about Hyperbaric (practice, medical aspects, Engineering, research). Any aspect dealing with the effects of Barometric Pressures in relation to the human body will be promoted. Doctors, physiologists, Engineers and research workers involved in this activity will be invited to participate in the society. Patients treated with Hyperbaric Oxygen, mountaineers pilots and divers who will be exposed to the effects of barometric Pressures may also join the society.
To fulfill the main objective of the society, the specific aims of this society will be:
- To establish a society in India that will use a multidisciplinary approach and create a common platform for interaction between doctors ( civil and military ) practicing barometric pressure medicine , doctors who are interested in this field , doctors practicing in fields of medicine whose patients are likely to benefit from hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy , physiologists carrying out research in the effects of Barometric pressure , engineers who are manufacturing equipment for use in hyperbaric medicine. Occupations or hobbies (mountaineers, divers, pilots) wherein individuals who are routinely exposed to changes in barometric pressures will also be invited to participate in the activities of the society. Patients or families of patients who have used Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy will also be permitted membership.
- To disseminate knowledge about Hyperbaric medicine to the medical community by means of lectures, seminars and publications and to the general public by magazine articles, public lectures and distribution of literature.
- To establish guidelines for the practice of Hyperbaric Medicine in India and promote unified practice all over the country.
- To establish unified research directions in India for Hyperbaric Medicine and to conduct and promote research along strict ethical and scientific guidelines.
- To encourage sponsored research at the Hyperbaric centers and to raise funds for such research activity.
- To establish centers for the treatment with Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy along the guidelines of the society.
- To advise governmental and non - governmental agencies in matters of public health and safety norms as they relate to hyperbaric medicine practice.
- To promote training of Indian Physicians and paramedics with interest in this field of Hyperbaric Medicine.
- To organize understanding between centers practicing Hyperbaric medicine and establish safety guidelines for practice.
- To have at least one annual conference for participation of all members and other meetings on as and when required to address any specific issue which may come up.
- To get affiliation and or seek cooperation from other similar societies and to enter into arrangements which would promote the interests of the society.
- The trust has been registered with the Director Of Income Tax ( exemption ) and is recognized as a charitable trust . The trust has also been granted 80 ( G ) exemption which enables donates to the society to claim IT exemption for donations.
Note : All the income , earnings - movable / immovable properties of the society shall be solely utilized and applied towards the promotion of the aims and objects only as set forth in the memorandum of Association and no profit on thereof shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly by way of dividends / bonus/profits or in any manner whatsoever to the present or past members of the society or any person claiming through or more of the present and past members . No member of the society shall have any personal claim on any movable properties of the society or make any profits, whatsoever by virtue of his membership.
Hyperbaric Society Of India